Could you be the next addition to our Irish HomeCare family?
We are currently looking for a part-time Service Support Assistant (On-call operator) to join our team in the Castleblayney/Carrickmacross area
This position is as part of a team to ensure maximum on-call capacity.
Irish Homecare is a well-established, expanding and busy home care agency that provides home carers to clients, helping them to continue living safely and independently in their own homes. The on-call service is a crucial aspect of the service provided as it enables clients, families, carers and other stakeholders to contact someone from the company and receive assistance whenever the office is closed.
The role requires the successful applicant to be an excellent communicator, extremely responsible, resourceful, and keen problem solver with sound judgement. An ability to take and relay information accurately, resolve issues, reassure clients and deal with emergencies effectively, is essential.
Generally, a Service Support Assistant will have the flexibility to respond to a range of queries and issues.
- Manning the out-of-hours telephone line and monitoring carer calls
- Responding to queries from clients, carers, relatives
- Ensuring all scheduled calls are attended when a carer calls in sick or are unable to work
- Responding appropriately to emergencies and being able to adequately resolve them
- Completing end of shift reports
- Navigating the homecare software program to review call information concerning clients and carers
- Ensuring that the care service runs smoothly over the weekend and resolving problems as they arise
- Strong Computer and administration experience is essential for this role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including sound judgement, effective decision making with an ability to listen
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think quickly on one’s feet
- Attention to detail with the ability to take the initiative when required
- Patient with an ability to understand both the needs and requirements of staff on the frontline
- Available for evening and weekend work
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role please apply with your updated CV and cover letter. Closing date for applications is Friday 18th February, 2022.