Irish Homecare is a well-established, expanding and busy home care agency that provides home carers to clients, helping them to continue to live safely and independently in their own homes. The on-call service is a crucial aspect of the service provided as it enables service users, families, carers, and other stakeholders to reach someone from the company and receive assistance whenever the office is closed.
The role requires the successful applicants to be excellent communicators, extremely responsible, resourceful, and keen problem solvers with sound judgement, who have the ability to take and relay information accurately, resolve issues, deal with emergencies effectively, reassure service users, and generally have the flexibility to respond to a range of queries and issues that may arise.
This position includes evening and weekend shifts as part of a team to ensure maximum on-call capacity. This position is based in our head office in Castleblayney.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manning the out-of-hours telephone line and monitoring carer calls.
- Responding to queries from service users, carers, and relatives.
- Covering calls when carers call in sick or are unable to work.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies and being able to adequately resolve them.
- Completing on-call reports after each call and entering them on the system.
- Navigating the home care software program in order to look up call information concerning service users and carers.
- Ensuring the care service runs smoothly over the evenings and weekend and resolving problems as they arise.
Strong computer and administration experience is essential for this role.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including sound judgement, effective decision making with an ability to listen.
Strong problem solving skills and ability to think quickly on one’s feet.
Attention to detail with the ability to take initiative when required.
Patient with an ability to understand the needs and requirements of staff on the frontline.
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role please forward your updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org